This error has multiple fixes, please apply the ones most relevant to you
• Make sure you're using a message ID, not an actual message. This already needs to be written in your server and you need to use its unique message ID. To learn how to get a message ID, read FAQ #2
• You must be using a message ID, not an ID collected from a user, channel, role or server. It must be collected from a message that has already been sent.
• You must not use a message that will be deleted. Do not use a message sent by the bot during set-up. These messages are deleted.
• Your message ID must be one ID. If your ID has two numbers, eg 748624743510573127-801257271861968978, please cut out the first number and only use the SECOND set of numbers, eg 801257271861968978
• Your message ID MUST come from the channel you tagged in step 1, do not use a message ID collected from any other channel.
• The bot must be able to see the channel tagged, it should be visible in your member list when you look into the channel. Give the bot permission to see and use the channel, or give it the Administrator permission.
A message ID is a unique number that links to only one message. To copy IDs, you need to enable developer mode. Follow the below steps:
PC and iOS: User Settings > Advanced > Developer Mode
Android: User Settings > Behavior > Developer Mode
Now, long press/right click a message and look for the Copy ID button at the bottom. Press that to copy the ID to your clipboard for use at step 2.
Please make sure everything in this list is correct:
• The message you're trying to add reactions to has less than 20 reactions. 20 reactions is Discord's limit, add reaction roles to a new message if you've hit this.
• The emoji you are using is uploaded to your server, or it is a default emoji (usable by everyone and everywhere). The bot cannot access emojis from other servers.
• The bot has all necessary permissions in the channel, notably Add Reactions. It needs to be able to add new reactions to messages.
This is due to your server settings, go to Server Settings > Roles and move the Reaction Roles role above the ones you want the bot to give.
Make sure the bot has permission to Manage Roles!
• Make sure you have the correct bot in your server. If you used the premium invites, kick all Reaction Roles bots from your server and reinvite the free bot using the TOP TWO links at the bottom of this channel.
• Check #◆》reaction-roles/#◆》announcements for any status updates
• Give the bot the Send Messages and Embed Links permission in the channel, or give it the Administrator permission if you're unsure.
You can add up to 20 different reaction roles to the same message!
Simply run rr!reactionrole for each new reaction role, choosing the same channel and message. The bot will add another reaction to the message if it has permission and there is space for another reaction.
To have the bot add or remove multiple roles at once, use the same message and emoji for each reaction role, choosing different roles for the bot to give. When users react, the bot will give each role you've set up to be given.
Yes! Follow these steps:
1) Make sure the Reaction Roles role is above both roles you want the bot to change.
2) Make a reaction role, use the role you want to give and select type 2 at the last step.
3) Make another reaction role using the same channel, message and emoji, use the role you want to remove and select type 3 at the last step.
Yes! There is a string command available for you to create a reaction role immediately:
Format: rr!rr [#channel] [:emoji:] [@role] [type] [message ID] Example: rr!rr #◆》get-roles :white_check_mark: @Verified 1 620619435711135748
If you experience errors, try using the step-by-step process instead.
This is a premium-only feature (no, we will not be changing that), the command is rr!directmessages false.
Other premium features include:
• These cool embeds! You can even edit them later
• rr!setmax - Set the maximum amount of people able to collect a role from the reaction
• rr!move and rr!moveall - Move reaction roles from one message to another
• Changing the color and footer of the bot's embeds
• Bypass all voting restrictions - premium users never have to vote!
If you purchased premium via Patreon:
• Check your roles on this server, you should have a Supporter role if you have an active Patreon pledge. Your premium automatically stops when your pledge ends and the associated role should be removed.
• Make sure you've linked your Patreon and Discord accounts. Check out Patreon's guide for claiming your Discord rewards (your role).
• New Patrons, read #◆》supporter-info for information on how to set up the premium bot on your server. The bot will not work until you complete these steps.
• Run -premium list and check that the server ID is listed, if the bot stopped responding where it worked before.
If you won premium via #◆》drops or #◆》giveaways:
• Run -cp [server ID] (without the ) and check if the premium is active. The expiry date for entries are formatted as MM-DD-YY.
If your server is no longer premium, the bot will stop responding. In those cases, kick all Reaction Roles bots and reinvite the free bot using the invites at the bottom of this channel.
No, Reaction Roles does not yet have a dashboard.
Here is a full setup guide.
You can also search "Droplet Development" on YouTube.